Composites Central

Old 01-11-2018, 08:52 AM   #1
NeuHaus

Default Composite business

I have been in the aviation realm of composite repair and modifications for the past 7 years. I have always wanted to create my own business and I have decided I am going to take the plunge. I would like to begin with an open mind and not just plunge solely into aircraft repair. Are there any areas where you guys have made some money or at least there are customers at?

Would any of you spare any advice? What was the biggest challenge you faced that you did not expect?

I have made some custom parts but nothing for purchase, how is it typically billed for the tool?

I do appreciate any advice.
NeuHaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:14 AM   #2
findhan

Composites Expert

Firstly, well done: it can be a very rewarding experience. Advice wise, so many people could give you so much but there's only so much you can be told before you have to just take the plunge as you are doing!
Build up your business as much as possible alongside your current job and then take the plunge when you can no longer cope with the workload of two jobs! This way you can look to put in as much of the non paying groundwork as possible while you still have a salary.
Repair wise, could be a good few things to look at, particularly road/MTB bikes, wind turbine, etc.
Good luck
findhan is offline   Reply With Quote