View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 04:54 PM   #6
Tom Irwin

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Van Nuys CA.
Posts: 186
Thanks: 0
Thanked 43 Times in 27 Posts


Originally Posted by Roger View Post
Depends on the repair. If surface quality is important and if gelcoat will fill the void, that is what I would use. As an alternative, I've also used P17 from Adtec. It is a vinylester based resin paste with very fine filler so the surface isn't porous like regular body fillers are. It also stands up to heat better and doesn't shrink as much. I would never use regular body filler.

I believe Duratec has a mold surface filler as well but I've never used it.
the Duratec filler is a vinyl ester. I have used it with good results
Tom Irwin is offline   Reply With Quote